Tuesday, May 19, 2009

כל הדברים התפתח

Lately, I have had a growing obsession for Sufjan Stevens. I have heard his name floating around like a bubble I chose to ignore. Late last year was when I really started to getting into his hymn covers (which are luscious, sweet, and abstract).

I have written about him before, but I think Sufjan doesn't need me or anyone else for that matter to spend numerous paragraphs in pretty language in order for people to be interested in his music. He just needs to be heard.

In the likes of Iron & Wine and Elliot Smith, let me share with you the songs that have tugged at my acoustic heart.

"Chicago"


"John Wayne Gacy Jr." Yes, this song is about the serial killer.


"For The Widows In Paradise, For The Fatherless In Yspilanti" One of my favorites of his.


"Vito's Ordination Song"


"The Dress Looks Nice On You"


"Holy, Holy, Holy"


Title: "All Things Grow" in Hebrew
In My Head: "Inside A Boy" by My Brightest Diamond

2 comments:

Akshay L said...

hey i saw that you liked iron and wine :) You should check out my blog. I'm actually a musician too. I hope you like my lyrics :)

Anonymous said...

yeah he is AWESOME. i really like your line about the bubble you choose to ignore. you are SO COOL!!
i love youuu little fo fo
i'm so proud of you (: